USA Time
UK Time

Individual Tax Identification Number - ITIN


How do I apply for an ITIN?

Derek became an IRS approved Certified Acceptance Agent (CAA) in January 2014. He is authorized by IRS to assist individuals in obtaining ITIN numbers. Derek will complete and file Forms W-7 and check the necessary supporting documents, including certify documents to prove identity and foreign status. A Passport is the only stand-alone document that will prove both foreign status and identity. He is approved by the IRS to certify the original documentation or a certified copy from the issuing agency of those documents, either through face-to-face or video electronic interviews such as Skype™. Notarized documents are NOT accepted by the IRS. Derek must attach, and send this certificate of accuracy (COA) together with the W-7 and copies of all supporting documentation reviewed, to the IRS for processing. The IRS take 3 to 4 weeks to process each ITIN number.


Please contact our offices for futher personalized information about the ITIN process.

An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. It is a nine-digit number that always begins with the number 9 and has a 7 or 8 in the fourth digit, example 9XX-7X-XXXX.

The IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have, and are not eligible to obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA).
These ITINs are issued regardless of immigration status because both resident and nonresident aliens may have U.S. tax return and payment responsibilities under the Internal Revenue Code.  ITINs are no longer issued unless the applicant is filing an 8288b application, a U.S. federal income tax return with the application or other specific exceptions apply and must provide documentation to support the exception..
An ITIN does not authorize work in the U.S. or provide eligibility for Social Security benefits or the Earned Income Tax Credit. ITINs are not valid identification outside the tax system.

Each owner will require an ITIN number, as each owner named on the DEED must file a tax return annually.

These numbers are needed to obtain licenses to rent the property, complete a W-8 form, (to avoid loosing 30% of rental income to the I.R.S.) and to file Non-resident tax returns each year, which are required by Federal Law.

File Downloads
Clicking an icon below will open the requested form.

W7 Form (ITIN Application)




Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional

Valid CSS!

Control Your Domain

Bluehost Cheap WebHosting!


A H Gantt CPA & Associates, PA is a licensed and insured firm of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) located in Kissimmee Florida catering to US Taxation and Reporting issues, for domestic and non-resident clients, both individuals and corporations. A H Gantt CPA & Associates, taxes, cpa orlando, accountant kissimmee, 1040nr, derek breen, florida accountant, cpa, business tax florida, filing taxes, US taxation, tax reporting, non-resident taxes, visa, immigration, move to florida, consultancy taxation